The Estonian Hospitals Association has organised HOPE fourth study tour for senior hospital professionals and managers on “Health services’ planning and contracting in Estonia” from 20 to 24 October 2009 in Tallinn, Estonia.
The Estonian purchaser-provider system in health care financing has been internationally recognized as a very effective, transparent and accountable one, thus giving the participants of the study tour a good understanding in:
• development of a health care financing system;
• contracting health care services through a strictly regulated, yet flexible relations;
• purchasing health services through needs assessment;
• managing capped contracts on a hospital level;
• and last but not least – communicating all above mentioned information through electronic channels.
More information and presentations: