Thematic Network for Mainstreaming Telemedicine Deployment in Daily Practice
Momentum’s aim was to create a platform where key players can share their knowledge and experience in using telemedicine services in routine care in order to identify a set of good practices. To achieve that, the Momentum Thematic Network:
- collected, documented and disseminated examples of existing good practices;
- built a sustainable network aimed to grow after the project end;
- developed a range of collaboration mechanisms.
The participants came from all European countries whose healthcare systems share things in common (significant public funding, public safeguards for quality of care, strong patient rights and expectations) and differences (role of the government, legal traditions, public trust). Working together, they developed a European Telemedicine Deployment Blueprint that will:
- assist countries and practitioners in their telemedicine implementations, and validate the work of past initiatives;
- document the roadblocks that disturb telemedicine implementation in daily practice;
- propose a set of policy recommendations, which will help to create the enabling environments needed to accelerate overall telemedicine deployment in Europe.
Momentum’s ultimate goal is to turn telemedicine into a sustainable mechanism and to expand an open network by bringing together health authorities, professional international and national stakeholder groups and patients.